Fall Retreat Registration open at the September Meeting
Tiny Works of Art
Thank you so much to all of you who have shared your finest works of art. Funds raised at the year end banquet is destined for the Undergraduate Scholarship Fund at the University of Alberta, supporting a minimum of two fourth year students in Human Ecology.
With over 40 donations to ‘bid’ on you will have a difficult time to narrow down your choices. Or you can purchase sufficient tickets to cover it all. Ticket prices are 15 tickets for $10, 5 tickets for $5, or 1 ticket for a toonie.
We, the Endowment Committee and Human Ecology students, thank you all so much for your continued support.
Here are some of the items we have received so far for the raffle....
Salene and Cheryl want to thank you for the quilts you have made for Terra and E4C. Salene’s spare bedroom is busting at the seams with all the quilts, fabric and batting being stored for EDQG, so we have invited both Terra and E4C to our March meeting for a quilt presentation.
If you have a quilt for Terra or E4C please finish it up and bring it to March’s meeting so it can be included…if not….don’t worry we can make a separate visit to these organizations at the end of the year.
Back in October we asked you to make Disappearing Friendship Star Blocks in blue or green, we were delighted with the response...we had enough blocks turned in to make 3 single bed quilts for E4C. Big thanks to Lois Miller for sewing up the blocks at CPR and doing such a beautiful job quilting!
We are so thankful for the generous gifts that we have received.
- Ingrid Machtemes from Quiltessential Co donated 22 bolts of fabric to EDQG to support our charity sewing.
- We received 2 huge boxes of flannel fabric from Maggie McGhee, whose mother Anne Cholod recently passed away. Maggie found the guild via the website and wanted to “pay it forward”. The flannel yardage is perfect for quilt backs and children’s quilts.
- Dawn Dick a long time quilter and teacher at Earthly Goods gifted our guild with 10 single size quilts that were partially finished. These quilts were her teaching samples when she taught students how to free motion quilt. The quilting was finished by Cheryl McCrea and brought to CPR for binding.
- In January we received a cash donation of $111.50 from a member (who wishes to remain anonymous) to purchase some batting.
Please help us make sure a label is put on your Charity quilt. We have labels at the 2nd VP table for you to use, also the EDQG website under 2ND VP has a PDF label you can download to use.
For the 2015-2016 quilting year we are supporting E4C and Terra Center. Single size quilts (65 x 75-80”) are needed for E4C and Baby quilts for Terra.
-Salene Ledger and Cheryl McCrea, Co-Chair 2nd Vice President
EDQG has a Bulletin Board where you can post commissions, items for sale and items that you may be looking for. The Bulletin Board can be found on the Home page Menu.
Bulletin Board Usage Guidelines:
- Advertising is open to the public and to Guild Members.
- There is no cost for your ad.
- Advertised items should be quilting related.
- Ads will be approved by the Advertising Chair prior to posting on the Bulletin Board.
- Messages can be 2-3 lines long.
- Messages will be posted for a period up to 3 months. Please let us know when you have sold your item so that your message can be removed.