The EDQG Fall 2020 Retreat scheduled for September 27th to 29th, 2020 has been cancelled.
Camp He Ho Ha has not yet re-opened and is currently assessing whether it will do so this fall. Greg Nielsen, Executive Director of Camp He Ho Ha, shared that to consider re-opening, it would be necessary for groups who are booked to attend in their usual numbers. For EDQG, this would mean that 45 would need to attend; and with only 24 rooms, most would need to share. Social distancing would be difficult and of course, there would be no buffet or shared snacks. Food service would need to be plated.
While we realize that retreats are an important part of guild life for many of you, the Board has made the decision that we must cancel this retreat. It is with hope that by April 2021, we can hold our currently scheduled retreat.
We are exploring ideas that we hope will help to ease this disappointment.
As always, keep well!
Susan Mooney, President