2019 Feature Quilter: Laurrie Gerzanich
In this COVID world we are all navigating, the 2021 Quilt Show Committee is unsure whether we will be able to hold the 2021 EDQG Festival of Quilts (whether in the same manner as previous years or in some other format).
However, planning is proceeding as though the Quilt Show will go ahead and it is now time to submit your nominations for the FEATURE QUILTER to be honoured by the Guild at the 2021 show.
The following criteria are some considerations for your nomination:
• Regularly attends guild meetings, workshops and events
• Continually strives to learn new things and evolve as a quilter, whether within the guild or the larger quilting community
• Supports the Guild by active involvement in various activities
• Shares quilt knowledge and skills with others
• Stands out as a person we are proud to recognize as a quilter, friend, mentor, teacher and all-around good community member
• Any other characteristics that you feel make them worthy recipients of this honour
All Guild members are eligible for nomination (with the exception of previously awarded feature quilters).
The nominee must be EDQG member in good standing, must agree to let their name stand for the nomination and must be available and agree to display their works at the 2021 Festival of Quilts (including setup on Friday, June 4 and display on Saturday and Sunday June 5 and 6).
So, get together with a few quilt-guild friends (three members need to support the nomination) to discuss possible candidates. Then, start preparing your written nomination.
Nominations must use an anonymous format to list the characteristics that you feel make this person worthy to serve as the next FEATURE QUILTER – 500 to a maximum of 1,000 words.
Selection will be made by a committee composed of three non-guild members.
Nominations must be submitted by 11 p.m. on Friday, October 16, 2020.
The person selected as the 2021 FEATURE QUILTER will be announced at the November 18, 2020, EDQG meeting.
– Darlene Conroy, Quilt Show Committee