Congratulations to Helen Rae on winning the last 50/50 online Raffle.
To date, these raffles have raised nearly $3,000. These funds are used to help pay for the rental of the Seniors Lions Centre where the next show will be held.
Our next raffle will be held sometime in the spring.
2023 Quilt Show Committee
- Quilt Show Chair -- Myrna Purser
- Facility -- Susan Mooney
- Staging & General Support -- Vicki Robson
- Staging & General Support -- Teresa Richey
- Staging & General Support -- Pauline Kratky
- Volunteers -- Linda Thorne
- Volunteers -- Aline Janex
- IT – Computing -- Charlene Thompson
- Registration -- Sandra Hamilton
- Registration -- Linda Thorne
- Judges & Feature Quilter -- Darlene Conroy
- Vendors -- LOOKING FOR HELP from 1-2 people
- Vendors -- Myrna Purser
I wish to thank all of these members for volunteering to sit on the 2023 Festival of Quilts show committee. This is a great group of people to work with.
As you know, I have been advertising for someone to help out with the Vendors position. I don’t expect anyone to volunteer to do this on their own. It is my hope to have three people share the responsibilities of this job. I will be one of those three people. That being said, if you are someone who has some computing skills for receiving and sending correspondence, if you like visiting quilt shops, if you like meeting and talking with people, then this might be a position for you to consider. We already have an extensive excel spreadsheet of quilt shops to contact so some of the legwork has already been done. If you are interested in helping out or if you have any questions about what this job entails, feel free to contact me at 780-464-9047 or at email@example.com It is a great opportunity to learn how to plan and run a quilt show! Remember many hands make light work. If two of you volunteer, less work for each of us! Thanks!
Myrna Purser, Chair: Festival of Quilts