10 Reasons to enter Your Quilt In the Quilt Show
- It motivates you to complete projects. It pushes all of us to get something completely finished, including the binding, label and sleeve.
- It makes you take your work/art/craft more seriously. If it is for a show, you will fix that sloppy seam or crooked corner, and you are happier with your work in the end.
- All quilts are beautiful and it feels good to share that beauty with others. It’s a chance to unfold them and let their light shine.
- People get to know you as a quilter. They may know you as a teacher, mom, accountant, or by whatever your profession is, but when they see your quilts, they know you as a creator.
- You get to see your work from a different perspective. Seeing your quilt in a show is like seeing it for the first time.
- Sharing your own self-expressions can encourage and inspire creativity in others. The creativity you inspire in others may, in turn, inspire you. The biggest benefit of entering a quilt show is to “give back”. I get so inspired by being able to view other quilter’s work that putting my work out there is in some way “paying it forward”, or is that “backward” since I got inspired first…
- It is a good time to take pictures of your quilts for documentation.
- Entering a quilt show is an accomplishment, and everyone who does should pat themselves on the back and take a bow!
- This is a celebration of quilting. Revel with others who enjoy quilting!
- Remember, it’s all about good old fashioned fun!
If you have never entered a quilt show and have questions, speak with other Guild members or anyone on the Quilt Show Committee. All of these people are a great resource and can answer any questions you may have! Myrna Purser email@example.com
-Myrna Purser, Chair: Festival of Quilts